Need help paying for energy cost?

LIHEAP provides assistance to eligible low-income households to manage and meet their immediate home heating and/or cooling needs.


What type of services do we offer?

LIHEAP offers several kinds of services to help low-income households meet their home energy needs. These services include:

  • The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides one-time financial assistance to help offset an eligible household’s energy costs (utility bill).

  • The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides assistance to low-income households that are in a crisis situation. Examples include a household that has received a 24- to 48-hour disconnect notice or service termination by its utility company or a household facing an energy-related crisis of life-threatening emergency in the applicant’s household, including a combustible appliance.

  • LIHEAP Weatherization provides free energy efficiency upgrades to low-income households to lower their monthly utility bills, while improving the health and safety of the household’s occupants.



DOE Weatherization

The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program reduces energy costs for low-income households by increasing the energy efficiency of their homes, while ensuring their health and safety. The program supports 8,500 jobs and provides weatherization services to approximately 35,000 homes every year using DOE funds. Through weatherization improvements and upgrades, these households save on average $283 or more every year according to a national evaluation of the program. Since the program began in 1976, WAP has helped improve the lives of than 7 million families through weatherization services.

For more information about DOE Weatherization, please call (760) 873-8557. 

Weatherization Works Factsheet

US Department of Energy. “Weatherization Works.”, US Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, Feb. 2018, DOE/1561


1. Download Now: (English or Spanish): 


2019 LIHEAP Application Packet


2019 LIHEAP Aplicación Descargue Ahora!


Weatherization Application

LIHEAP Climatización


Weatherization Application


Clients may also be eligible to receive Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization. Please contact our agency for more information. 


2. Request an application be mailed to you by calling:


(760) 873.8557  (Llame Ya!)



3. Pick up an application at any IMACA location or a Community Partner shown below: 


IMACA Bishop:

137 East South Street, Bishop, CA 93514

IMACA Mammoth Lakes:

 625 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93514


Community Partners: 

Mono County Social Services

Mammoth Lakes: 

(760) 924-1770

425 Old Mammoth Road
Mammoth Lakes, California


(760) 932-5600

37 Emigrant Street
Bridgeport, California

Walker /Coleville: 

(530) 495-1262

107384 Hwy 395
Walker, California

Inyo County Health and Human Services


(760) 873-3305

162 Grove Street
Bishop, California

Lone Pine: 

(760) 876-5545

380 North Mt Whitney
Lone Pine, California

Tecopa Hot Springs:

(760) 852-4624

504 Hot Springs Road
Tecopa, California

Timbisha Shoshone Tribe

                             (760) 872-3614

                 900 Indian Village Road
                  Death Valley, California


Community Partners are agencies who assist mutual clients in their efforts to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. They do not facilitate nor do they administer the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.


For more information about Community Partners, please contact (760) 873-8557. 



If you suspect Fraud, Waste, or Abuse by an employee, contractor, or grant recipient involving HHS programs, Recovery Act monies or if you have a Recovery Act Whistle-blower complaint Call:

(800) 541-1625 or (202) 586-4073


All images, logos, and Seals are property of their respective US Government Agency. All names/seals used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names/seals or logos,  does not imply ownership or endorsement.