Need help paying for energy cost?
LIHEAP provides assistance to eligible low-income households to manage and meet their immediate home heating and/or cooling needs.
What type of services do we offer?
LIHEAP offers several kinds of services to help low-income households meet their home energy needs. These services include:
- The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides one-time financial assistance to help offset an eligible household’s energy costs (utility bill).
- The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides assistance to low-income households that are in a crisis situation. Examples include a household that has received a 24- to 48-hour disconnect notice or service termination by its utility company or a household facing an energy-related crisis of life-threatening emergency in the applicant’s household, including a combustible appliance.
- LIHEAP Weatherization provides free energy efficiency upgrades to low-income households to lower their monthly utility bills, while improving the health and safety of the household’s occupants.
1. Download Now: (English or Spanish):
Clients may also be eligible to receive Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization. Please contact our agency for more information.
2. Request an application be mailed to you by calling:
(760) 873.8557 (Llame Ya!)
3. Pick up an application at any IMACA location or a Community Partner shown below:
137 East South Street, Bishop, CA 93514
IMACA Mammoth Lakes:
625 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93514
Mono County Social Services
425 Old Mammoth Road
Mammoth Lakes, California
37 Emigrant Street
107384 Hwy 395
Inyo County Health and Human Services
162 Grove Street
380 North Mt Whitney
Lone Pine, California
Tecopa Hot Springs:
504 Hot Springs Road
Timbisha Shoshone Tribe
900 Indian Village Road
Death Valley, California
Community Partners are agencies who assist mutual clients in their efforts to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. They do not facilitate nor do they administer the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
For more information about Community Partners, please contact (760) 873-8557.
If you suspect Fraud, Waste, or Abuse by an employee, contractor, or grant recipient involving HHS programs, Recovery Act monies or if you have a Recovery Act Whistle-blower complaint Call:
(800) 541-1625 or (202) 586-4073