Homeless Services & Prevention
If you are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of it, please give us a call or apply below. Our services include emergency shelter, rental assistance, and transitional and permanent housing.
California COVID-19 Rent Relief
Need Help With Unpaid Rent and/or utilities?
The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program helps income-eligible households with rent and utilities, both for past due and future payments.
Who can apply?
- UNPAID RENT:
- Landlords who participate in the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program can get reimbursed for an eligible renter’s unpaid rent dating back to April 1, 2020.
- Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate in the program may apply on their own and receive assistance for unpaid rent dating back to April 1, 2020.
- UPCOMING RENT
- Eligible renters can receive financial assistance for their upcoming monthly rent, too.
- UTILITY ASSISTANCE: UNPAID OR UPCOMING
- Eligible renters may also receive assistance for unpaid utility payments dating back to April 1, 2020, or for future utility payments, which will both be compensated at 100% of cost, limited to a total of 12 months, and paid directly to the utility provider.
How to apply?
Landlords and renters can submit an online application directly to the COVID-19 Rent Relief Program website.
For more information or assistance, please contact:
IMACA’s Homeless and Housing Services Manager, April Powell, at 760-873-7709 ext. 1023 or 760-920-7169.
The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122.
“I’ve never been more thankful for IMACA’s transitional housing. I gained the rental experience needed to move into permanent housing. I’m forever grateful for the help and the experience when I needed it most. The staff is wonderful and were always helpful. I strongly recommend the program to anyone!
“I am writing this with extreme humility and appreciation for the Homeless Prevention Program and Emergency Shelter. They’ve helped tremendously, especially during COVID-19. The Outreach Specialists have shown me their kindness, dedication, compassion, patience, and empathy for our community. I cannot be more thankful during this most stressful time.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our FAQs. If you still have questions, please contact us!
If you are seeking emergency shelter due to domestic violence, please contact Wild Iris first. You must go through Wild Iris before coming to us.
Simply complete the Homelessness Prevention Services Application! Once submitted and reviewed, our team will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.
Our Street Outreach team approaches and works with people experiencing homelessness to connect them with emergency shelter, housing, and other critical services.