Homeless Services & Prevention
If you are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of it, please give us a call or apply below. Our services include emergency shelter, rental assistance, and transitional and permanent housing.
California COVID-19 Rent Relief
Need Help With Unpaid Rent?
The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program helps low-income individuals and families with unpaid rent to their landlords.
Who can apply?
How the program works:
Participating landlords can get reimbursed for 80% of an eligible renter’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent during that specific time period.
Eligible renters whose landlords are not participating in the program may apply on their own and receive 25% of unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Paying this 25% by June 30, 2021 can help keep you in your home under the extended eviction protections in SB 91.
How to apply?
Landlords and renters can submit an online application directly to the COVID-19 Rent Relief Program website.
For more information or assistance, please contact:
IMACA’s Housing Specialist, Karen Mansfield, at 760-873-7709 ext. 1025 or 760-920-0861
The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122
“I’ve never been more thankful for IMACA’s transitional housing. I gained the rental experience needed to move into permanent housing. I’m forever grateful for the help and the experience when I needed it most. The staff is wonderful and were always helpful. I strongly recommend the program to anyone!
“I am writing this with extreme humility and appreciation for the Homeless Prevention Program and Emergency Shelter. They’ve helped tremendously, especially during COVID-19. The Outreach Specialists have shown me their kindness, dedication, compassion, patience, and empathy for our community. I cannot be more thankful during this most stressful time.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our FAQs. If you still have questions, please contact us!
If you are seeking emergency shelter due to domestic violence, please contact Wild Iris first. You must go through Wild Iris before coming to us.
Simply complete the Homelessness Prevention Services Application! Once submitted and reviewed, our team will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.
Our Street Outreach team approaches and works with people experiencing homelessness to connect them with emergency shelter, housing, and other critical services.